Re: [ME]: United States Terrorism, Suspect Rundown

Think about it like this...

US couter intell does not (to my knwoledge) generally look at our own
internal infrastructure as a possible weapon against us, at least not on a
mobile-mass scale. It is generally geared at looking for folks to bring
stuff in, or aquire materials to construct a device (car bombs etc..). It
also looks at the infrastructure from a defense stand point (defending the
powergrid, water supply). It certainly did not consider some one grabbing a
bunch of jets and using them as missles.

Looking for the usual "tell-tales" did/would not work in this case. In
reality all the "terrorists" needed to pull this off were great intell,
great cooridantion, a will to to it, and small arms. Nothing that any would
red flag the Feds at most levels if they used unknown personal, or came in
across the borders by car.

Sure, in the coming weeks it will likely be obvious who knew what and could
have prevented what, but who every thought of some one grabbing our own
airliners and using them against us?

I think we are incredibly lucky that the planes did not hit a less symbolic
and more devestating area of NYC, like Midtown then we would be talking 100s
of thousands injured and not tens. Also, the infrastructure has been place
in NYC for just this sort of disater; the plans for the millenium
celebration had looked at casualities in the millons should some one have
gone after Times Square. A good friend of mine is an ER doc at ST. Vincents
(ground zero for the casaulities for this) and what little she told me about
NYC diaster response was frightning in what they anticapted in worst case
scenarios.

Though, this still blows chunks and has me mighty grumpy...