Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA

Juha Uusikartano <juhau@koti.tpo.fi> writes
>    Based on the information I have, the hijacked jets were radically
>    diverted from their original courses. Is it possible at all that
>    this was not detected by the US flight authorities? For example, a
>    jet from Boston due to arrive in LA. was diverted into New York
>    with the disastrous consequences. Seems to me US authorities knew
>    that something was amiss before the planes struck. A simultaneous
>    hijacking of four planes should have sent the alarm-bells ringing
>    somewhere.

Undoubtedly alarm bells were ringing; but until the authorities realised
that the aircraft were being used as bombs, what could they do?
I've heard a lot of bull from "security experts" on the news who claim
that the aircraft could have been stopped before hitting their targets
(without ever stating precisely how).

>    And what about the jet which crashed near Pittsburg, what could
>    have been its intented target? Based on its flight-path somekind of
>    guess could be made?

I've heard suggestions of Camp David.

--
Mark Baker