Re: Article 5

Liam wrote:

>I think you'll find a great deal of empathy, solidarity and
>support from the country that suffered thousands of civilian
>casualties during the Blitz and by terrorist attacks since.
>And this is before you take into account the fact that there
>have been nearly 100 confirmed British deaths (and likely to be
>hundreds more) in the US.

While I appreciate the world banding together, it is interesting to note
that nothing effective was done about the USS Cole some months ago.  We
heard a similar sabre rattling committment to "justice", but yet no visible
signs of progress.  Australia is willing to join the coalition over the
death of several citizens, but yet when a US warship was directly attacked,
the US stood aside.  Sad comment about the US... and a strong statement
about the rest of the world and their concern over the recent events.

Obligatory: outside the ME-l charter...
-Eric