Re: Article 5

I applaud Roger Burton West's decision to allow us to continue posting to the List about the tragedy that has just struck.  In times of tragedy, each one of us reaches out to friends and family for reassurance, for comfort, and for help in understanding what has happened.   It is difficult to watch the coverage on television and online, and still maintain perspective.  Being able to come to our online family and engage in these discussions - even to vent our justifiable rage with wild schemes and scenarios for revenge - is very important, and for those of us who do not have much intercourse with others outside the internet, very necessary.

Additionally, many of us have information that is not available to the general public, and in some cases should not be given to the general public.  Some of this information is relevant, some is wild rumor.  I would far rather read online of a wild rumor that was later dispelled, than have that rumor spread over half the country, where it might never be corrected.

It is a trite comment, but like most cliches, it holds a strong germ of truth - we are family.

Thank you for being there for us.

(In a personal note - I learned of this early Tuesday morning when my mother-in-law called to say that her brother, who works in th HomeLife Insurance Building 'across the street' from the World Trade Center, had not gone in to work today, preferring instead to telecommute.  does anyone on the list know if that building has survived, or is it one of the surrounding buildings that has fallen?)

Ann