RE: Missles and airliners (was Terrorist...)

> Aside... if the missles today aren't capable of taking down a
> civilian
> airliner, what were we planning on using on the horde of
> Soviet bombers
> coming over the top during the cold war?

<IRONY>A massive pre-emptive strike</IRONY>

Jokes aside, ever seen a picture of a Nike Hercules SAM, they're _huge_!
(do a search for "nike hercules" on http://images.google.com, and you'll
see what I mean, or try: http://www.wsmr-history.org/NikeHercules.htm)

And even if it didn't destroy the aircraft it was fired at, it would put
a serious crimp on any plans of flying controllably ;)

-Anders
http://thebarricade.net