Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA

CamaroGen1@aol.com writes
>          I have heard the same bunk......the TRUTH is NO ONE knew that
>    the
>    planes were ebing used as bombs....the standard terriost policy is
>    to let HRT
>    work it out.  Also, any "fighter" that attempted to shoot down
>    these planes
>    would only be changing where the plane crashed.... a missile
>    doesn;t carry
>    enough explosive to destroy an airliner, or even seriously deveat
>    its flight
>    immediatly.

There's also the question of whether a USAF pilot could fire on an
American airliner with civilian passengers aboard.... certainly before
it was known that they were being used as flying bombs. IIRC, the oath
they take includes protecting the citizens of the US of A; and even
shooting down a plane carrying a few civilians to protect a far larger
number would be breaking that oath. I'd be extremely concerned about the
mental stability of any pilot that didn't hesitate when given such an
order, even if just for a moment.

--
Mark Baker
http://www.lange.demon.co.uk/Millenniums_End/ME_Index.html