Re: Article 5

----- Message d'origine -----
De : Ann
À : millenniums-end-l@firedrake.org
Envoyé : 13 septembre, 2001 12:15
Objet : Re: Article 5

In re all comments regarding 'pardon my language, pardon my french, pardon
my old anglo-saxon' etc., etc.

Language is language.  Even profanity has a use and a place - it relieves
tension, and sometimes is the only satisfactory way of expressing what one
really needs to say.  No-one on this list has used anything I (or any
intelligent person) can remotely construe as offensive - and I remain
confident that no-one will.

I have a firm policy regarding such comments.

"If you're going to apologise, don't cuss.  If you're going to cuss, don't
aplogise, dammit!"  <G>

Ann

    And one thing I would like to know is where does this "pardon my french"
come from?  When you cuss in that way it's not even remotely french so
what's up?

    Michel a sometime irritated french speaking Canadian.