From: Ann [mailto:annfranchi@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 13 September, 2001 12.16
To: millenniums-end-l@firedrake.org
Subject: Re: Article 5

In re all comments regarding 'pardon my language, pardon my french, pardon my old anglo-saxon' etc., etc.

Language is language.  Even profanity has a use and a place - it relieves tension, and sometimes is the only satisfactory way of expressing what one really needs to say.  No-one on this list has used anything I (or any intelligent person) can remotely construe as offensive - and I remain confident that no-one will.

I have a firm policy regarding such comments.

"If you're going to apologise, don't cuss.  If you're going to cuss, don't aplogise, dammit!"  <G>

Ann