Re: Delta Force on commercial jets?

> I heard on ABC news today that a request has been put in for Delta Force
> members to start riding commercial airliners to augment the Air
> Marshalls that they want to bring back onboard. Any thoughts on this?

Yeah.  They're probably the best-qualified people for the job.  Given
their strong counterterror background, which includes storming planes, I
imagine they could effectively act as air marshals.

> Isnt that gonna be a tough request to fill? Isnt that a waste of
> resources?

An ex-SEAL friend (left the service in '90 after fracturing a hip in a
training ex) told me last night to absolutely not fly for the next week
or so.  (I'm heading to Iowa tomorrow; he thought I was flying, but I
was planning on driving.)  According to him, there is an ongoing
`concern' (his words) which he couldn't elaborate upon further.

This fellow is usually reliable and not prone to unreasonable fits of
panic.

If there is, in fact, an ongoing concern of which the USG is aware, then
putting Delta Force on commercial flights seems like a perfectly
legitimate and appropriate use of the Posse Comitatus Act.