Re: Offline for a while...

Thanks for the note, Rob.

> In about ten hours I'm moving crosscountry, heading back
> to the Midwest--fleeing the miserable tech sector here in
> Silicon Valley, and also to be near to family (no major
> crises, just a whole smorgasboard of minor to moderate
> ones).

Thanks God for that. I've been worried that some people I know, even remotely, might have been involved in some manner
with the tragedy to befal the USA on Tuesday. I'm glad to hear that you and yours appear to have been spared.

> Thus, I'm going to be offline for a couple of weeks while
> I'm driving cross-country and getting settled in.

Can't say I blame you. Take it easy, and remember to take a break every two hours of constant driving or so. Tiredness
kills, as thay say.

> The last time I drove cross-country, leaving the Midwest
> for a job in California, I did it in two days flat.  While that's
> a really quick way to get someplace, you wind up missing
> a lot of the scenery.  So this time back I'm taking it at a
> nice leisurely pace.

Glad to hear it - take a digital camera, if you have one, and get snap-happy, why dontcha?!

> Take care, and I'll see you all in two weeks.  :)

Be lucky, and have a good break from routine. You sound like you need it.

All the best,

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Organiser, The Impossible Scenarios Group
www.the-isg.co.uk
ICQ: 74721632
UK Amateur Radio call sign: G1LIW
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message
may not be those of the ISG. The information in this email and
in any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or
use this email for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
its content to any other person - you should also destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify
the sender immediately.