Re: Protection on flights

Roger Stenning wrote:

> Simple. You don't want something that coud be taken away from the protection teams, and used to kill innocent people.
>
> Give 'em taser guns, the sort that have recently been issued to many American police depatments, and which are being
> assessed for use by the Metropolitan Police here in London. It also allows for the terrorists to be taken into custody
> for trial, without killing them. Additionally, it removes most of the damger from pucturing the skin of the aircraft at
> altitude, thus making it a safer option.
>
> How's that?
>
> Best regards,

I can see a couple problems with tasers.  first off tasers are notoriously unreliable about penetrating clothing so may not
work on that count.  the other problem is that almost all tasers are single shot toys and that may not cut it if you have
multiple hijackers.
Personally while no fan of the 45 acp i would think this would be just the ticket for this job.  relatively slow slug with
limited penetration and decent stopping power.  think i would use one of those pistols with the built in silencer to keep
panic down on the plane.