[ME] Re: a really stupid question ...

> Then this brings up the original question, since the gun in question is
also
> a live weapon.  Could it, (despite the fact that it would consume too much
> ammo and require a car battery to operate), be fired while being held by a

It requires a lot more than a car battery to operate it.

> strong gunner.  Also is it safe to say that 2000 rpm is round per minute
and
> not necessarily revolutions per minute and if this is the case what would
be

6000 rounds per minute, six barrels = 1000 revolutions per minute.  If
someone would be so kind as to provide me with the mass of the barrel
assembly and the width of the weapon, I'd be able to come up with exact
torque numbers.  They won't be pretty, though.

Don't forget the far-from-insubstantial recoil of a 7.62mm round, multiplied
by 100 per second.  The answer is no, a minigun is absolutely not a manpack
weapon.