Minigun madness

General Dynamics - one of the manufacturers - lists the recoil force as 100
lb and the peak force as 300 lb.
http://www.gdarm.com/GDAS_Products/fact_sheets2/m134/M134_minigun.html

(The page also includes limited dimensions, but not enough to calculate the
torque.  I will mention that I did find some typos on their other pages...
an M2QCB that weighed 380 kg).

Other comments from the files of rec.guns include:
Predator
Yet More Minigun Info
by Greg Donkin
 (Greg.Donkin@roke.co.uk)

Predator was released in 1987 and in Jane's Weapon Systems of the same year
there was an entry detailing the XM214 Automatic Gun, based on the M134
minigun. The XM214 was designed for helicopters & light aircraft & fires
5.56mm rounds (as used in the M16 rifle, yes?) at variable rates of fire
from 1,000 to 10,000 rpm. The gun and drive weigh 15kg and the driven
variant uses 0.75 -> 3.2 hp dependent on the rate of fire. The gun can be