Re: Any Hindi speakers out there?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Stenning (G1LIW)" <g1liw@lineone.net>

> Problem:
>
> I need a name for an Indian Crime organisation I'm developing for the
Millennium's End London Sourcebook (Fifth (2001)
> edition). Since the gang is Indian, it has to be in Hidi (or at least
Urdu, if all else fails).

> The English name of the gang is 'The Business'. Can anyone translate this
into either Hindi or Urdu for me, please?

I can't speak Hindi <grin> but in the research i did for the Killing Streets
for White Wolf I was very amused to see that both Indonesia and Indonesia
had adopted the American term Mafia (Mafa in Bahasa) for their organised
crime. Quite literally you do have the Mumbai Mafia <chuckle> <aaahh> the
effects of Hollywood...

ciao

guy