Air space Interdiction

Any thoughts, or knowledge, about what 9-11 has done to US air space
borders? I know that in the days after a bird cound not fart without getting
an F16 to check it out. We had an ol' coot take his cessna up for a flying
lesson, in violation of the FAA no-fly rule on. He wound up being forced bak
down by a pair of F16s (his plane is still in custody, and he is out on
substantial bail last I heard).

What I wonder is if the drug traffic that used to slip through from South
America is still getting through. I have not heard about Customs, Border
Patrol, or the Air Force forcing anything down, or turning anyone back. I
can only guess that smuggling by air just got a lot harder, but have we
taken down any "unknown" flights?

Travis