Re: Gurkhas on the Ground

In a message dated 10/19/2001 9:58:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, gurkha@3web.net writes:

It would make more sense to have a Battalion, 450 is a far cry better than 37! Still begs the question of where the other 2950 of em are... From what I hear Kent is like a ghost town... And the 2GR have sent off about half the Regiment for parts unknown...

My guess is the force structure in Oman has changed dramatically since Saif Sareefa 2 started pre-Sept 11.  Gurkhas have to be near the top of the list for troops you would want to have in the field in Afghanistan.  If they are not in Oman, then they are probably in one of the 'stan countries or staged in Cyprus.

Rob