Re: Something of a scenario idea

At 14:31 06.11.2001 -0600, Gareth Livergood wrote:

<snip>

>Another idea relating to the current conflict.  There are several US
>civilian missionaries held captive by the Taliban.  The US and allied
>governments are publicly saying they are not mounting rescue efforts.  If
>the parents or independant organization, the church that sent them, hires
>BE to rescue the captives.

Well, those are workers of a NGO helping afghan people with food and the
like, not missionaries. Trying to convert people from Islam to another
religion is punishable by death there. Currently, they are before court in
Kabul oder Kandahar, IIRC. They are mainly accused of owning illegal
literature. As the taliban currently make no move to use them as hostages,
I cannot see why there would be an effort to extract them for the near future.

Arclight