Re: Something of a scenario idea

> Gareth Livergood [garethlivergood@gmx.co.uk] wrote:
>
> >Another idea relating to the current conflict.  There are several US
> civilian missionaries held captive by the Taliban.  The US and allied
> governments are publicly saying >they are not mounting rescue efforts.  If
> the parents or independant organization, the church that sent them, hires BE
> to rescue the captives.  While in country the BE >team runs into the US
> Special Forces or British SAS team sent to rescue the captives.  This could
> be really sticky if they show up at the objective at the same time.
>
> How about this as a real scoop for the adventure: (this can be in any middle
> east country really)
>
> WIJ has organised with sympathisers to set up a fake hostage rescue
> situation, to try and take hostage/kill BE operatives for their part in
> bungling a recent WIJ mission. Said sympathisers go to BE stating that
> friends/family/employees have been taken captive and would like BE to rescue
> them. The cell can be provided with some very real ransom notes/videos of
> the (so called) captives, the sympathisers can tell thge cell they've been
> to the government/police - who are unable to help for whatever reason
> (military presence in the country could lead to greater political
> repercussions, the point is the sympathisers don't even have to have spoken
> to officials - they just need to tell the cell that they have).
>
> The cell could go in and rescue the hostages, or perhaps they could do the
> money drop to exchange the hostages. Falling nicely into the hands of WIJ.
> Obviously at this point you will need to know wether WIJ intend to capture
> or kill the operatives as to what happens next.......

	I do not believe that BE would carry out such a mission (hostage
	rescue is dangerous as hell) but if you are running a myo macho
	campaign and want to get some fear of God on players who are
	too cocky for their own good, this would be good.

	Nothing beats survival as a source for resourcefullness and
	desparation heroism and hysteric self-sacrifice and bitter
	revenge. Especially if at the end of it characters finally
	get caught, which kind of creates a new adventure...