Re: GM/Adventure concept...

Janne

[snip]

> If I start to scan plans of facility and its surroundings and
> put them to my web site, is there enough interest in this list
> to start pondering on what kind of security arrangements you'd
> like to see on it?

Things I'll need to know in order to plan for such a breach on the physical side:

Type of perimeter fencing, whether or not it is fitted with fibre-optic sensors (Pilkington Sabretape, for example); If
the fence is a double, if the gap between the double is sensor-equipped, if the fences themselves are capacitance sensor
equipped, and if there's a dog run (what breed? are they trained, and how, if so?); if the perimeter is in front of a
scenically designed screen berm (raised earthen 'wall'); if the guards house (gate house) is hardened; if the guards are
armed (unlikely, if it's Japan, IIRC), and if so, what with; what cover is there for an intrusion; how do intruders
potentially gain access to buildings, and if such buildings are helpfully marked ("this way to the ultra-secret
bio-research labs"), or just numbered/lettered (Building 1 / Building 'A'); if there's a card access system in place, or
something more exotic ("Retina Scan: Please insert your retina in the slot"), if the buildings are compartmentalised
inside ("So solly: Crerance to uhtahsecret rab is imvarid. Prease die propery, in hirreous gloteque manner
(HAI-YAHHH!)"), and so on...

(Hmm... are my "Paranoia" roots showing, here?!)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Editor, Practical Airsoft,
http://www.the-isg.co.uk/practical-airsoft/index.html
Webmaster, The Impossible Scenarios Group,
www.the-isg.co.uk
ICQ: 74721632
UK Amateur Radio call sign: G1LIW
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message
may not be those of the ISG or Practical Airsoft. The information
in this email and in any attachments may be confidential and/or
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not
retain, copy or use this email for any purpose, nor disclose all
or any part of its content to any other person - you should also
destroy this message, delete any copies held on your systems
and notify the sender immediately.