From: Shawn Mulock [mailto:gurkha@3web.net]
Sent: 14 November 2001 14:33
To: millenniums-end-l@firedrake.org
Subject: Re: GM/Adventure concept...

Roger Burton West wrote:

> On or about Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 12:22:34AM -0000, Dom de Bechi typed:
>
> >To a certain extent, the
> >level of precautions taken (and the margin for error they leave) are
> >generally in proportion to the level of security that is necessary.
>
> And the level of precautions taken can in itself be a source of
> information, of course. I can certainly see the concept of a mission to
> probe defences, purely to see how tough they are...
>
> Roger

We did something similar in ME as job # 5 or 6. Basically the Cell was hired
by PanCanadian Petroleum to crack their security at 1 PanCanadian Plaza in
Calgary and put a file on a stand alone beside the mainframe to prove the
Cell's success. I call such jobs "Security Audits". Very good way to have an
infiltration op without so much risk for newer Cells.

S.