Re: Three quick questions on USMC

At 17:45 27.11.2001 -0600, Ryan Pendergast wrote:

>>1. Is the the USMC camo clothing issued to any unit yet?
>
>Not yet, but very soon will be.  The Commandant has been wearing them for
>two months now.  For those who haven't seen them yet:
>http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/mcub/utility/index.html

Thanks :)  Too bad the only chance to get those will be buying second hand
surplus :(

>>2. How does the new USMC boot looks like? I saw a picture of a dark brown
>>leather/cotton djungel boot on a website - is that the one?
>
>Sounds like it.  They are designed to be worn with leather gaiters,
>similar to the US WWII leggings.  The new boots are easily recognizable
>because they have a rough, non-polishable surface.  They are also pictured
>on the above website.

The ones I saw were much darker. These have about the same color as the
Desert boot from Altama.

>>3. How does the rating of the Marine Corps Physical Fitness Standards
>>work? The minimum figures look almost funny to me, and I'm not working
>>out daily.  I mean - 3 climb ups???
>
>See here:
>http://www.semperfi.marines.usna.edu/images/event%20photos/PFT/PFTCalc.html

Woah. If I don't fail the run, I'd get a score of almost 200 ... not that I
plan to join (couldn't do it anyway :)), but what would that help with?

Arclight