RE: Where is everybody?

I'd chalk it up to a combination of the following...

1) The normal lull that this list seems to take every now and again.
2) The holidays... having to deal with family, traffic, crowded shopping
areas, and the like.
3) End of semester... projects, finals, general stress relief, and quite
possibly some people heading for home to deal with #2.
4) For those in the work environments, we have End of Quarter, again with
projects, general chaos to deal with in the week before Christmas and in the
last week of the year, and (Gods Above, I hope not for anyone else here) the
potential for being out of work come the start of the new year. (Having been
out of work myself since the end of June -- heh, another end of quarter --
2000, I know how frustrating it can be.)

Take your pick from any and/or all of the above.

Granted, I know I won't be around from 22 December through 1 January, what
with some travel and all, but at least I'm getting out of central
Massachusetts for a week and a half.

adam.johnson5@verizon.net (vze2wmka@verizon.net)
It is said that whomsoever the gods wish to destroy, they first
make him mad. In fact, whomsoever the gods wish to destroy, they
first hand the equivalent of a stick with a fizzing fuse and
Acme Dynamite Company written on the side. It's much more
interesting and it doesn't take as long.
	-- Terry Pratchett, "Soul Music"