Re: US School system, help please

Also be aware that what in the US is called Grammar School is the lower
grades - K-5 or Elementary School.

In England, Grammar School is the upper grades, 6-12.
In the English system there are only two divisions, Lower (Elementary
chool  - K-6) and Upper (Grammar School - 7-12)  In the US there are three -
Elementary, Junior High (or Middle) and High School.

I was raised in England and worked as a substitute teacher in the US
elementary schools.  This is something that was somewhat confusing to me at
first.

Ann