Re: The Mob squad.....

millenniums-end-l@firedrake.org wrote:
> Hey i'm looking for stuff on the world, around
> the year of 1965 - 1970,

Well of course you have all kinds of potential fallout
from the conspiracy theorists' mother lode: the JFK
assassination.  Also, you're fast approaching the
touchstone for all covert-government-gone-amok nonsense,
Watergate.  Lots of potential scenarios in the mix
there.   Also I believe the Quebec separatists were
just getting organized at this time.  (Don't berate
me too much if I'm wrong on that one.)

If it's a more military slant that you want, well outside
of Indochina there's the '67 mideast war and I believe
there was still a good deal of mercenary work going on
in Africa at that point.  (reference: Warren Zevon's
"Roland the Thompson Gunner" song).

I would imagine the book "The Dogs of War" could be
interesting to you, as well as Ian Fleming's *books*,
which are quite different from the utterly over-the-top
James Bond movies.

'course, I was five years old at the time, so don't
take my word for any of this.

Stan
 (still shaking his head at the thought of a
  kevlar-less ME game.  Oh the humanity.  Hehe.)