Re: Mines in arctic warfare?

Interesting....

It depends on how long the mine's are left, on or near the surface, or are
they placed on a ICE shelf, which moves.  basically they would act normally
if the detenator hasn't frozen solid(If it's Mechanical) or the radio
detenator should work, same with 'Clacker' or electical detenators, they
should both work.

Basically these are educated guesses, I was only a Assault Pioneer with the
Army, and we only use claymore in the Frozen environment, and some of the
trip(Mechanical) systems froze so that sums up what I know.

I used powergel with steel fence posts, to make a bangalore torpedo once, in
a cold enviroment(1 C), that still worked with a radio Det.

Anybody worked in the Arctic region(Royal Marines, etc).

Peace all.