Re: Airbus A400M

> No, they don't. But as you can see from the
> information on the website, the
> aircraft is build with a large part of already
> existing parts. The A3xx,
> which has been sold to quite a number of airlines by
> now, was also never
> built before Airbus started selling them.

The A3XX is not a good comparitor here to the A400.
All the parts exist, yes.  They've never been
assembled in this manner before.  Diamler is slated to
do the engines.  They have never been put into an
Airbus airframe before.

Do we even have to get into the fly-by-wire and other
hydrolic issues?  They want to put a 5ton crane in the
package too.

"I don't want to watch a movie about a guy that has trouble saying 'I love you' unless he's been shot in the face."  -- Ray, Everybody Loves Raymond.