Re: Rail guns (was: US SOCOM desires...)

> > Optical sighting systems for non-snipers & bullpups? 3
> > round burst?
> Optical sighting systems for non-snipers:
> * Do not make the weapon system better.  As Col.
> Jeff Cooper has remarked, a scope will make
> a good marksman even better, and will give
> a poor marksman just one more contraption
> to blame his poor results on.  I am unaware
> of any real advantage conferred by low-power
> combat optics which cannot be equally
> conferred by training.
> * Date back to World War II, and thus aren't within
> the last fifty years anyway.

I agree with Robert.

Three round burst:
*This is not nessesarily a "good" thing. It was used to prevent soldiers
from wasting ammo.  With proper training and discipline, a rifleman can get
2 or 3 round bursts consistently with almost any full auto rifle or machine
gun.  What the burst limiting does is limit the riflemans options in combat.