Re: RE: European Military Not Up To Par?

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe/02/02/munich.conference/index.html

It seems to me that all of this news coverage is a
media ploy for European militaries to rally support
for their budgets.  Much of this criticism on European
militaries is coming from the Europeans, not the US.
(Though, the US has been trying to push the European
governments to bolster their militaries, since the US
wants to withdraw their [our] troops.)

In my research on the Airbus A400M, the European
countries are trying to get long-range rapid transport
for their military.  In the recent past, the US has
supplied the rapid mobility for most of our allies.

All in all, it seems to me that this round of
inflammatory comments is orchestrated for a particular
effect.

"I don't want to watch a movie about a guy that has trouble saying 'I love you' unless he's been shot in the face."  -- Ray, Everybody Loves Raymond.