Re: RE: European Military Not Up To Par?

>>American critics of Europe's military incapability are >>right," he said.
Quite frankly, I think this was a foolish remark for any official to make.
Inflammatory at best, a blatant slap in the face at worse, and almost
childish in any respect.
As an American I have never heard anyone comment that we should "Nuke" NZ,
or England, or anywhere other than Afghanistan and Iraq.
Anyone who feels that way should consider stepping back and taking an
objective look at the world.......last time I personally checked, we (The
USA) are not at war with England, NZ, etc.
>>It's not about that... just big boots. To be brutally
>>honest, it's precisely this attitude that makes US
>>citizens disliked to a vast majority of the world
>>population. Sad, but true.
Really? I always thought it was our cat food. I'm serious.
There are many countries where money is very tight, and there are also many
locations on this wonderful planet where people struggle to find food to
eat,
simply to sustain a day to day, hand to mouth existence. And yet here in
America we have a over a thousand different types of cat food, and hundreds
of brands of toilet paper. I suspect that we throw away more food in this
country than anywhere else in the world.
I am proud to be an American, and I am grateful for everything my country
has done for me, but I would never use that as an excuse to insult another
man's country.
The "we could Nuke England" sounds suspiciously similar to another phrase I
remember from my youth:
"My brother could beat you up!!" says spoiled little boy #1
"Yeah, well my dad could beat up your brother!!" replied spoiled little boy
"Well, my dad could beat kick your dad's ass!!" says spoiled little boy #1
(Continue until all living family members are exhausted.)

We should cherish our allies and friends.
End of Sermon