Re: European Military Not Up To Par?

I would just make a small statement:

The first NATO troops in Pristina (Kosovo) was the Norwegian FSK (Forsvarets Spesial Kommando). They where highly decorated, but due to the secrecy of the mission it haven't been released to the general public...

FSK and Marinejeger Kommandoen (the Norwagian combat divers) are just waiting to be deployed to Afgahnistan. (Because if the target is located in the vincinety of a hill higher than 300 meters and/or covered by more than 5cm of snow, we kick ass. There is a reason for the the fact that almost each year SAS & Navy SEALS comes to Norway to learn "artic" warfare).

Olso, Norwegain troops (at least in the years to come) are better equipped than an equalent US unit. OK, so the Americans got their fancy electical shoe-warmers, but so what?

When my brother was in the army (field artillery), and they attended Joint Winter, sold their RIFLE SLINGS for aprox. 600 NOK (aprox. $60) to American soldiers. Real value aprox. $10=)
What is the use of expensive technology, when you can achive the same perfomance at a fraction of the cost.

No offence... =)

Regards, Ingebrigt Polden (currently serving with H.M.K.G)

The Official Iron Maiden Website: http://www.ironmaiden.com