Re: National symbols

Jeff Pawlowski wrote:
Just a neat bit of historical trivia for everyone...

Benjamin Franklin wanted the US national bird to be
the Wild Turkey.

Don't know anything about the story other than that,
or how the Bald Eagle ended up our national symbol or
how it ended up on all of our currency :)

Didn't the bloody thing kill and eat the turkey right before old Benjamin's eyes? Sorry, couldn't resist.

     Even the turkey is a better choice than having a flippin' beaver for your national animal. (I live here, I can say it.)

S.

Get Premium UNLIMITED Internet Access across Canada for
JUST $9.95/MONTH at http://www.get3web.com/?mkid=emt123