Re: National symbols

Just a neat bit of historical trivia for everyone...

Benjamin Franklin wanted the US national bird to be
the Wild Turkey.

Don't know anything about the story other than that,
or how the Bald Eagle ended up our national symbol or
how it ended up on all of our currency :)

"I don't want to watch a movie about a guy that has trouble saying 'I love you' unless he's been shot in the face."  -- Ray, Everybody Loves Raymond.