Re: Need more help with German

Hi,

> My question this morning is.  I will assume that Germany has a branch like
US
> Secret Service Protection Unit.  What I mean are the agents incharge of
> protection for the president and other.  So what is the Germnan name for
it?

Not that I'm aware of. Normally the protection at public events is taken
over by the police and the Bundesgrenzschutz (BGS; Federal Border Guard).
Maybe there is a special BGS unit in charge of personel protection, but
I've never heard of something like that.
Normal protection during other times (e.g. private home of politicians) is
simply done by the police.

Frank