Re: Need more help with German

At 14:47 22.03.2002 +0100, Frank Meier wrote:

<snip "who guards the Bundeskanzler">

>Not that I'm aware of. Normally the protection at public events is taken
>over by the police and the Bundesgrenzschutz (BGS; Federal Border Guard).
>Maybe there is a special BGS unit in charge of personel protection, but
>I've never heard of something like that.

There are special units for guarding all government buildings, the only
exception is the ministry of defense, which is guarded by MP (called
"Feldjaeger"). The minister of defense is also guarded by a special
feldjaeger bodyguard unit. All other ministers are guarded by
"Personenschutz" (which is german for bodyguard) units from the BGS.

>Normal protection during other times (e.g. private home of politicians) is
>simply done by the police.

AFAIK there's at least a mix between BGS and local police units.

Arclight
--
If You Can't Dazzle Them With Brilliance,
Riddle Them With Bullets