RE: New toys!

Gareth Livergood [mailto:garethlivergood@gmx.co.uk] wrote...

> Amateur Radio operators can do this now in the US.

We've been doing it in the UK for some time, as well. I don't, but then for
the moment, I don't need (and in any event, cannot justify the expense of) a
GPS unit!

> APRS allows you to broadcast your position from a
> GPS hooked up to your radio, there is only one radio
> that I know of that is APRS ready.  With a computer
> hooked up, you can see anyone else who is
> broadcasting. I don't know the details, but the Rino
> is an improvement, one small, handheld box, instead
> of 2-4 larger boxes in a car.

Exactly.

The point is, it's in one handy unit. Now, if the radio is able to TX at
higher power, then it comes into its' own in both the tactical AND strategic
environments.

BTW - Lauri -

Stuff it down the bad guy's throat (if it fits - you know these bad guys,
they're all loudmouths!). He'll choke to death. Howzzat?

OK, so it doesn't fit. Fine. Smack it hard onto his Adam's Apple. Same job,
easier to handle, and a hell of lot less messy!

Want any more ideas?

No?

Fine. Job done!

:D

Best regards,

Roger Stenning,
UK Amateur Radio call sign: G1LIW
ICQ: 74721632
Organiser,
the Impossible Scenarios Group
www.the-isg.co.uk
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message may not
be those of the ISG.
The information in this email and in any attachments may be confidential
and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not
retain, copy or use this email for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part
of its content to any other person - you should also destroy this message,
delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender immediately.
---