New Zealand gun laws

    I read an article about gun regulations and it put New Zealand in the
group with Israel and Switzerland as countries with more liberal (less
restrictive) gun regulation.  Since there is a New Zealander on the list, as
well as individuals from many other countries,  I thought I would double
check the validity of the articles statement.  The questions are; what
classes/types of weapons are banned, how restrictive is registration, are
there carry permits?
    This information could prove useful to a GM wanting to run a mission in
New Zealand and realistically reflect the difficulties of operation in
country, with respect to firearms.

Gareth Livergood - KD5RHM