Re: So why Millennium's End?

According to CHam628781@aol.com, on Wed, 03 Apr 2002 the word on the street was...

> Another point is that there's little access to the designers here.

This list _was_ originally set up by Chameleon Eclectic (I still have the invite
to join it they sent me), and Charles Ryan was on it from the start; but with the
company shutting down, I don't think he saw much point in sticking around.

> Does that mean that no "professional" writers are
> interested in ME or that the morale of the writers and designers is so
> low they can't face working on ME? Heh it wouldn't suprise me, it must
> have been a real kick in the teeth watching CE go to the wall.

Though it wasn't like Palladium, most of the ME books were written by Charles
Ryan himself (and, unfortunately, illustrated as well :) so he was the principal
author for the game.

> Perhaps what we need is a comprehensive, fan led re-vamp of the rules and
> background. Shit, there must be enough knowledge, experience and desire
> here to produce "3rd Edition", even if it has to be self published. I
> vote we call it the "New Millennium Project" and start with a brain storm
> of what does and does not need fixing.

<cynic>Call me when you get results...</cynic> I don't want to sound like a
doomsday prophet, but honestly, this is 99% certain to be going nowhere. My
experience is that you _can't_ get a group of people together on the Internet and
expect to produce much of anything. You'll get a huge amount of discussion, which
in many cases will lead in all directions except the one you're actually there
for, during which a large number of people tell you they'll write something about
some subject, but they never actually do, and then everyone sort of falls silent.

Roger, is that an accurate guess about how it went with the MEFHP?

My advice: do it all yourself, or at best with not more than two or three others.

> Hmm...now where did I put that asbestos suit?

I've got two left-handed Nomex flying gloves you can borrow ;)

--
Gurth@xs4all.nl        -        http://www.xs4all.nl/~gurth/index.html
  Dat is de kip voor het ei spannen.

GC3.12: GAT/! d- s:- !a>? C++@ UL+ P(+) L++ E W--(++) N o? K w(--) O
V? PS+ PE@ Y PGP- t@ 5++ X(+) R+++$ tv+(++) b++@ DI- D+ G+ e h! !r y?
Incubated into the First Church of the Sqooshy Ball, 21-05-1998