Re: Cybergames plans for ME.....

According to Aleister Crowley, on Fri, 05 Apr 2002 the word on the street was...

> the problem is that they aren't looking to produce *any* new material,
> and if the main system is put out, either they advertise for new
> material or people to write it (such as ourselves) or they go after
> anyone writing something which could violate their copyright

That last bit, I don't understand... Why would making the game available (for
free or otherwise) mean they'd have to sue anyone writing net.supplements? If
you remember, T$R tried that around 1995, and IIRC didn't get much of anything
out of it, besides bad publicity. Or am I missing something here?

Wouldn't the solution be to release it under some kind of public license? That
way, whoever owns the rights now keeps them, but everyone else can release
additions to the game as they see fit. (A clearer one than that used for WotC's
d20 system wouldn't be a bad idea, though -- my brain still hurts from trying
to read that one a few months ago, and despite reading the simple version I
have no idea of what's allowed and what isn't...)

--
Gurth@xs4all.nl        -        http://www.xs4all.nl/~gurth/index.html
  Dat is de kip voor het ei spannen.

GC3.12: GAT/! d- s:- !a>? C++@ UL+ P(+) L++ E W--(++) N o? K w(--) O
V? PS+ PE@ Y PGP- t@ 5++ X(+) R+++$ tv+(++) b++@ DI- D+ G+ e h! !r y?
Incubated into the First Church of the Sqooshy Ball, 21-05-1998