Re: Showtime weapons

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt_Da_Mann Lennane <cheesebored@hotmail.com>
To: millenniums-end-l@firedrake.org <millenniums-end-l@firedrake.org>
Date: 07 April 2002 11:58
Subject: Re: Showtime weapons

>From: "Brian Kreuzinger" <kreuz@pris.bc.ca>
>

>SG-1, yep I ran ten episodes of it with ME, it was cool, I'll give you a
>hint, NEVER KILL A PLAYER CHARACTER, give them the idea that you will, but
>don't, if you show then the extreme force that there fighting then,
>hopefully, they will pull there heads in quikly, or else they will find out
>the hard way.......

snip

Never?

I rarely kill PC's but one every now and again is usually a good idea
otherwise they get complacent. I usually kill someone(or seriously injure)
reasonably early in this kind of campaign as you can delay the next mission
till they are better. Prevents the gung-ho atmosphere that can sometimes
take-over, especially with the group that I was running for. Once when
running one of my first campaigns had to kill one character and injure two
seriously (not in ME luckily) because they decided they were invincible and
got into hand to hand with 13 foot tall thing. (X-Com rip off). Then again
the only other game that anyone runs around here is D&D which kind of
encourages the charge! mentality. I like to think that my players dont do
this anymore in my games.