Re: OT posts, an answer, and my sarcasm button (you asked...!)

>         I'm completely confused now.  You seem to be saying - and this is
> honestly how I'm reading what you wrote, not some of sort of rhetorical
> device - that you won't allow messages containing leftist content, but
> will allow messages containing rightist content.  Am I reading you
> correctly?  I trust that I'm not, but can use an explanation.

You're reading quite incorrectly.  On its most basic level: if you want
to argue a leftist proposition, you'll find that most people here
disagree with you.  The people who disagree with you, who vastly
outnumber you, will make their opinions known--and you'll take that as
evidence that your leftist perspective is being "shouted down", when in
reality no such thing is happening.  It doesn't matter if you're arguing
leftist perspectives on this list, if you're a neo-Nazi marching through
Skokie, a Klansman at the Million Man March or a Nation of Islam member
attending an Aryan Nations gathering.  If you're in the minority, you're
going to find the majority disagrees with you and will make their
disagreement known.  The exact same thing would happen to me if I were
to attend an ACLU gathering, or if my cousin the ACLU supporter were to
attend a Federalist Society meeting.

The rest of this mail I'll respond to privately, off-list.  The above
is, I feel, somewhat germane to the list (if tenuously so); everything
following would be dramatically off-list.