Re: OT posts, an answer, and my sarcasm button (you asked...!)

Hello,

        I'm completely confused now.  You seem to be saying - and this is
honestly how I'm reading what you wrote, not some of sort of rhetorical
device - that you won't allow messages containing leftist content, but
will allow messages containing rightist content.  Am I reading you
correctly?  I trust that I'm not, but can use an explanation.
        I want to make one thing clear: I am perfectly willing and able
to abide by a standard that says, "no specifically non-game related
political posts".  Fine, a great rule.  I support it.  But then I expect
to be shown the same courtesy.  For example, what you wrote below about
the Geneva Conventions is not something I want to read on this list - it
raises my blood pressure and makes me want to respond to it with a
non-game related political rant.  But if I did, I would be ruled OT and
told to cease and desist.  This is exactly my problem with this list: I'd
like to read it to relax, maybe learn interesting things about guns,
maybe even discuss gaming.  But I can't do that while being constantly
subjected to political views I find offensive *and* that I'm unable to
respond to.
        My question is simple: why can't we *all* agree to keep the
politics off the list, and spend the time discussing other interesting
things (like guns & games)?

Sincerely,

Manu