Re: It's now called "Active Denial Technology"...

--- Brian McDonald <brian_mcdonald@shaw.ca> wrote:

> wash it across the front of a mob for instance thus encouraging them to
> take up knitting or other socially redeeming activities.
> don't think its designed for use on a battlefield.

OK.  You're going to use this thing against civilians.  The last time the US
military used less-than-lethals was the pull-out of Somalia.

Given that instance, this new device would be used in similar "peacekeeping"
duties.  If the population is well armed enough, an RPG would take out the dish
on one of these things pretty easily.  You're better off with Stinger balls and
Mace paintballs would be a cheaper alternative.  Every man could at least field
such a LTL device.

My 2¢

"I don't want to watch a movie about a guy that has trouble saying 'I love you' unless he's been shot in the face."  -- Ray, Everybody Loves Raymond.