Re: DD question

I suppose I should add we use a 1d6 variable to give it a bit more flavour.
Roll 1d6 and subtract three from the value, then add this result to the DD
and you have some variation in the DD's, bit closer to "real life" when you
have that round pass within an inch of something vital instead of smacking
into it. Seems to reflect the penetration/volume of permanent distortion of
flesh/vitals/nervous system damage pretty well for my group... (Actaully too
well for some players! In one game a player fired a 9mm Glaser round and the
round only knocked the guy out and gave him some serious penalties, but he
was able to act a few rounds later), about as technical as I ever got on the
subject.

I would give credit for the 1d6 idea where it is due, but I don't remember
whose idea it was. Anybody help me out there?