Re: IMMEW. a suggestion for ME Code (comments?)

According to Roger Stenning \(G1LIW\), on Wed, 14 Aug 2002 the word on the street was...

> I've yet to devise 'where I come from' stuff, but I'm thinking that
> International Telephone Direct Dialling Cdes could be used, for instance,
> "I'm in the UK" could be represented by "+44", with the first part of the
> postal/zip code being used as the suffix, for inastance +44:BR3, meaning
> that I'm un the UK, in the Beckenham area.

Wouldn't it be easier to use either Internet country codes, or those on the back of
cars? (Which in my case would be the same, NL, but it does make a difference for many
other countries.) As for the part of the country, postal codes might work but it won't
really help a foreigner, or in many cases even people from the country in question --
if I say I'm at +31:4374 (or NL:4374), probably only anyone already living around here
will recognize this as being a postal code on Walcheren... Unless this is your
intention, of course :)

> I'm also thinking of careeer notes, for instance, "I'm serving regular
> military" could be MR+, "I work in the computer business" could be CT,
> and so on; I need to codify this a bit more, I think.

How about using Geek Code, erm, codes? Just drop the initial "G" and you've got most
areas covered.

--
Gurth@xs4all.nl        -        http://www.xs4all.nl/~gurth/index.html
  Huh?

GC3.12: GAT/! d- s:- !a>? C++(---) UL+ P(+) L++ E W--(++) N o? K w(--)
O V? PS+ PE@ Y PGP- t- 5++ X(+) R+++$ tv+(++) b++@ DI- D+ G+ e h! !r y?
Incubated into the First Church of the Sqooshy Ball, 21-05-1998