RE: Adventure idea (help wanted)

--- festusdirk@urbia.de wrote:
> i fear thinking about plots we all are too
> bomb-centered. plutonium is incredibly toxic. have a
>
> terrorist drop it (or threating to drop) in a city
> water
> supplie, even small portions will be dangerous, so
> this
> could be done on some sites.

Well put, Festus.

Plutonium is so highly toxic that one tablespoon of
the substance can irrevocably pollute the entire
world's oceans.

This is why lost nuclear submarines are scary.  They
are sitting on the bottom of an ocean somewhere
corroding.  The reactors would have uranium, but the
nuclear warheads would likely have plutonium
(especially considering the ones lost were 1960's and
1970's era with the older warheads).

That may be a new adventure idea as well.  Terrorist
locate one of these lost subs and are trying to
salvage it.  I don't think it is realistic, since such
salvage would require extremely specialized equipment,
an amazing amount of money, and it is not like it
could be very secret considering the size of such an
operation.