Re: Odd-ball conversions and left field questions

> You mean, like personally?  No.  Having said that, I'm sure if some of my
> players see the message, I'll start seeing requests for an FN-FAL in 45-70
> blackpowder.

The current .45/70 uses current smokeless powder and is quite hot for an old
warhorse.  Would probably be an interesting cartrige in a carbine.

> HKPro talks about some of the modifications to the H&K MP5 (F) to make it
> compatible with higher power French +P 9 mm ammunition.  I'm sure the same
> types of modifications could be done for the higher energy 357SIG.

Since the .357SIG uses a necked down .40S&W case, the magazines and bolt
would not have to be changed and be more than up to the task of handleing
the .357SIG recoil (this is considering you start with a MP5/40 in .40S&W).
Chamber pressure is another story, but since H&K has barrels that can take
10mmAuto pressures, this shouldn't be much of a problem for a custom barrel
maker.

> The information on the French MP-5F is on the bottom half of:
> http://www.hkpro.com/mp5.htm
>
> Small Arms Review (is anyone a subscriber?) lists other combinations
> including the MP34 in 45 ACP and an AR-15 50AE conversion.
>
> For another game (Fuzion, which features the worst of Section Q, a parody
of
> Q Branch), we made up stats for a bunch of nearly possible fakes
including:
> Heckler and Koch HK 21 SDK -    Suppressed belt fed machine gun with a PDW
> stock
> Heckler and Koch MP5A5QS - A belt fed 9 mm submachine gun
> Heckler and Koch MP5KSD-PDW - A shortened PDW with an shortened integral
> sound suppressor
> Heckler and Koch HK53KQ - A cross between an HK53 and a MP5K.  An A-team
> dream weapon, for when you absolutely have to impress everyone... but hit
no
> one.
> Heckler and Koch HK53SD-PDW - A full sized HK53 with an integral sound
> suppressor and a side-folding PDW style stock
> Mauser C/96Q - A modernized select fire Mauser in 45 Super
>
> The shortened suppressors were to reduce the sound level to facilitate
> communication, not to fully suppress the weapon.
>
> Someone posted some really good H&K fakes to HKPro not that long ago,
which
> served as the impetus for most of the designs.

These are not fake but real interesting conversions.  An outfit in Illinois
called Vollmer does some neat stuff with H&Ks.
http://www.fjvollmer.com/online.htm