RE: Odd-ball conversions and left field questions

> Has anyone tried and convert an assault rifle to .45/70?  Thing would be a
handful on full auto, but a 300gr bullet at 2200fps would do some damage.

You mean, like personally?  No.  Having said that, I'm sure if some of my
players see the message, I'll start seeing requests for an FN-FAL in 45-70
blackpowder.

> .45/70 in an SMG?

Of course not.  If you're going for a SMG, make it in a truly useful
cartridge... like 32 S&W Long, preferably only in wadcutters.  Maybe we can
even get Winchester to come up with some BlackTalon jacketed hollowpoint
wadcutters.

> Anyone converted a SMG to .357SIG?  Could easily be done on an MP5/40,
just swap the barrel.
> But, I don't know how much extra oomph the longer barrel with give that
hot 9.

HKPro talks about some of the modifications to the H&K MP5 (F) to make it
compatible with higher power French +P 9 mm ammunition.  I'm sure the same
types of modifications could be done for the higher energy 357SIG.

The information on the French MP-5F is on the bottom half of:
http://www.hkpro.com/mp5.htm

Small Arms Review (is anyone a subscriber?) lists other combinations
including the MP34 in 45 ACP and an AR-15 50AE conversion.

For another game (Fuzion, which features the worst of Section Q, a parody of
Q Branch), we made up stats for a bunch of nearly possible fakes including:
Heckler and Koch HK 21 SDK -    Suppressed belt fed machine gun with a PDW
stock
Heckler and Koch MP5A5QS - A belt fed 9 mm submachine gun
Heckler and Koch MP5KSD-PDW - A shortened PDW with an shortened integral
sound suppressor
Heckler and Koch HK53KQ - A cross between an HK53 and a MP5K.  An A-team
dream weapon, for when you absolutely have to impress everyone... but hit no
one.
Heckler and Koch HK53SD-PDW - A full sized HK53 with an integral sound
suppressor and a side-folding PDW style stock
Mauser C/96Q - A modernized select fire Mauser in 45 Super

The shortened suppressors were to reduce the sound level to facilitate
communication, not to fully suppress the weapon.

Someone posted some really good H&K fakes to HKPro not that long ago, which
served as the impetus for most of the designs.

>  How about the game stats for the Birdman Barrett M82B1k-PDW?  I'm
thinking PAIN for everyone involved.
http://www.birdman.org/products/M82entryl.htm

Sounds like the ME Munchkin's weapon of choice.  I guess a true munchkin
conceal carry the pistol version.  I'll have to do Fuzion stats for them
now...

Seriously, if anyone has any other good fake weapon URL's or images, let me
know, I can use them for some of my other games.

-Eric