Re: Odd-ball conversions and left field questions

>> Lee Williams wrote:
>>
>> OK here's my question...a good old fashioned roleplayer's kinda
>> question too.
>>
>> In 3 parts:
>> 1) Would conventional firearms ammunition fire in a vacuum? (ie space)
>

>	Even if it would, you wouldn't want it too...the recoil would send you
>out of control

	Spot on.  In weightlessness you do not need much effort to move
around.  A good example are EVA suits.  An EVA is powered by 21 small jets
around the back pack, each one of the jets produces the same force as a
mouse farting!  Comparing that with the gun recoil you wouldn't want to use
the gun without being strapped down somehow, and even so you probably end
up with a nasty burse.

	Regards,

	Izzy