Re: Odd-ball conversions and left field questions

>>         Spot on.  In weightlessness you do not need much effort to move
>> around.  A good example are EVA suits.  An EVA is powered by 21 small jets
>> around the back pack, each one of the jets produces the same force as a
>> mouse farting!  Comparing that with the gun recoil you wouldn't want to use
>> the gun without being strapped down somehow, and even so you probably end
>> up with a nasty burse.

>	Perhaps all the abused physics in movies such as MISSION TO MARS
>confused people.

	Probably.  I've talked to a few astronauts about movement in zero g
and all of them are usually shocked at how little force is required to
move.  They learn very quickly (b/c of big bruses) to only push off
lightly.  If the cabin they learn in wasn't padded some would have probably
knocked themselves out!

	Regards,

	Izzy