Re: Odd-ball conversions and left field questions

 Floating free in space and firing
> a firearm isn't a smart idea, but if you're well braced against something
> with a lot of mass (say, a spacecraft -- a rifle's recoil isn't going to
> move a 100+-ton space station very much I'd guess) it wouldn't be much of a
> problem.

	Actually, the force of firing one shot from a rifle would be enough to
move a spacecraft (like the shuttle), but i would assume you would be
firing more than one shot.....and having the restriction of being back
to a spacecraft, you are severely limited in your options in the battle,
and after two-three shots that spacecraft will need to fire its station
keeping thrusters to counter effect the force of the recoil.  Bottom
line, if you want to fight in space, buy a plasma rifle and watch out
for stormtroopers.